Signposting and Storytelling are two of the four pillars underpinning the Apprenticeships Ambassadors Network (AAN). Here we show you how the Apprentice Ambassadors work alongside Employer and Partner Ambassadors, often leading the way in promoting and helping to deliver national campaigns to champion apprenticeships and associated topics online and in-person. Examples include:
National Apprenticeship Awards
The National Apprenticeship Awards are England’s biggest apprenticeship awards ceremony, recognising and rewarding the achievements of exceptional apprentices and employers. Led by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), these annual awards give individuals and businesses the opportunity to showcase apprenticeships best practice across the country.
Categories include Apprentice of the Year, Rising Star, Apprenticeships Champion, Recruiting Excellence, SME Employer of the Year, Large Employer of the Year – and more! Entries take place in June/July, followed by regional judging in September, with regional and national awards ceremonies later in the year!
Other national awards for employers and/or apprentices include –
- Rate My Apprenticeship Awards
- BAME Apprenticeship Awards
- AAC Apprenticeship Awards
And local awards for employers and/or apprentices include –
- BristolLive Business Awards
- CornwallLive Business Awards
- DevonLive Business Awards
- Gloucestershire Business Awards
- PlymouthLive Business Awards
- South West Business Leader Awards
- Tech South West Awards.
- Western Morning News Business Awards
- PLUS: college, university and training provider awards
Read about the importance of celebrating successes here.
National Apprenticeship Week (7th – 13th Feb 2022)
National Apprenticeship Week is an annual programme of apprentice role model activities, case studies, apprenticeship events and more led, by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
Designed to celebrate apprenticeships and highlight the achievements of employers and apprentices, National Apprenticeship Week provides an opportunity for employers to promote their apprenticeship schemes, celebrate the achievements of their apprentices, engage and inspire future apprentices!
Read more on the Amazing Apprenticeships website here.
National Awareness dates
- British Science Week – March
- Learning at Work Week – May
- Earliest school leaving age – June
- A Levels Results Day – August
- GCSE Results Day – August
- Downs Syndrome Awareness Week – March
- Deaf Awareness Week 2021 – May
- Learning Disability Week 2021 – June
- National Braille Week – October
- Dyslexia Awareness Week – October
Health and social care:
- International Nurses’ Day – May
- #GladtoCare Awareness Week – July
- National Hygiene Week – July
- Mental Health Awareness Week – May
- Youth Mental Health Day – September
- Anti-Bullying Week – November
- Youth Voice Census – March
- National Marine Week – July
- World Photography Day (Apprentice photo opportunity) – August
- National Work Life Week – October
- Earth Day – April
- Great British Spring Clean – June
- Cycle to Work Day – August
- Recycle Week – September
- International Women’s Day – March
- International Women in Engineering Day – June
- PRIDE month – June
- Black History Month – October
- International Men’s Day – November
National Priorities 2021-22
Read more about our national priorities here and here.